Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SaWadDee Thai

Thai food, anyone?

SaWadDee Thai Restaurant             http://www.sawaddeerichmond.com/index.html

12200 San Pablo Avenue                (510) 232-5542 
Richmond, California 94805           Open Daily from 11:30 am. - 9:30 pm. 

Relaxed:  Low Cost, high value, neighborhood gem.

General Thai Menu - This restaurant cooks with CORN and PEANUT oils.  
Nothing organic; this restaurant uses conventional ingredients, and thus serves GMO food.

Is it Sara-Safe? Yes, as long as I know what and how to order.
I had a wonderful yellow curry with chicken and a nice Tom Ka Gai soup.  Very standard fare for me - but then, I don't actually care for pod thai.  My husband (the vegetarian/pescatarian) had the pod thai.  I look forward to going back and trying other dishes.  

The staff here is kind and accommodating.  Be sure to tell them what you are avoiding, and they will happily check the ingredients of sauces or dishes before you order.  Servings were generous enough for me to have leftovers.

Do NOT eat here if you are allergic to corn (oil), and avoid the deep fried food if you're allergic to or avoiding peanut (oil).  Be aware that, in general, yellow curries do not contain soy, but red and green curries often do.

No comments:

Post a Comment