Monday, September 16, 2013

Here is an article about another person's experience with soy allergy.  I am fascinated by her suggestion that other legumes could also cause problems, as I've had a new breakout for the first time since clearing up my soy allergy rash in 2007.  Considering my consequence of consuming soy, I know that the current breakout is not a result of that particular ingredient.  However, this week I made a lovely Mediterranean chick pea soup, and I am struggling with a rash again.  Hm…

Here is the link to the article: http://rfox.hubpages.com/hub/Soy-Allergy-and-Foods-To-Avoid
It is a very informative and interesting read, even for those of you who have no issues with soy, because it gives a bit of information about how soy is in everything.  I hadn't thought of the airplane food issue, but that is because it's been so long since I've travelled that it has not come up for me yet.  The few times I've travelled have typically been long, overseas flights - like to Australia or Europe.

My only comment about Ms Fox's list is a technicality.  I believe that carob in and of itself is not related to soy - however, when listed as an ingredient in something (most often as carob chips), it often does have soy lecithin or other soy derivatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment